Sunday, May 19, 2013

Food Cravings!


I have never been pregnant, so I’m not really sure what a pregnancy craving is like… However, I bet it feels just like the sensation that you get after not eating a nice, juicy, medium rare, American hamburger for five months.

Don’t get me wrong…I love Spanish food. A good Solomillo al Whiskey or a Manjar Blanco can hit the spot, and American bologna doesn’t stand a chance next to some good’ol Spanish Iberico ham. In fact, there are many Spanish delicacies that I fully intend to bring back with me to the states to integrate into my weekly dining vernacular.

HOWEVER, at this very moment, if I’m being honest, I feel like I should tell you that I would seriously harm, possibly maim, and definitely wound you if you got between me some American food.

I had a dream the other night about steak that made me wake up in tears. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about beef fajitas for two weeks. I would sell my hair (Les Miserables style) for a freakin cheeseburger.

I know what your thinking, “Why does she only crave beef products?” Let me answer that question. I am from the great state of Texas and that is what we eat.

The other day I literally caught myself thinking, “I wonder where I could find a cow”… a whole cow…this obsession has obviously gone too far…this can’t be healthy.

But don’t worry, and Mom, don’t start researching how to mail me whole meals. Soon enough I will be back in the states, and until then I can fill the carnivore void in my heart with some amazing architecture, beautiful culture, and great friends…really I can’t complain!
An American Professor on sabbatical in Spain took mercy on my and invited my over for real steaks!

Yes, those are real tortillas!

A beautiful view for a great meal

No comments:

Post a Comment